Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saturday at the World Cup






Today was my first day on the hill. I went up the hill to help install intermediate eyes and the second radar gun. So it's my first ski run of the year and it's down the world cup downhill run. I did a lot of side slipping. The radar is the same one I tested a couple of year ago at our hill. I managed to get a video of the finish of Emily Brydon's third place run while at the finish line. You don't appreciate the speed until you are there. Right after the race we were back onthe hill moving the start to the super G start location which is down the hill a bit. That means running cables and testing them all. The volinteer crew had the cable set up in record time and everything worked first time. Tonight there was a great awards ceremony and meal at the Chateau Lake Louise with all the racers and course crews and officials in attendance. A great event to end the day. Tomorrow will be a cold day but hopefully the Canadians can have another great showing.

No comments: