Today was day two of the actual racing. No more training runs. Yesterday the temperature was below -20 and the wind was howling. I was located up at the bottom of Tickity chutes running the speed eyes. The frost on my glassed got to be about 1/8 inch thick so I had to watch for racers over the top of my glasses .
The kids were hitting speeds over 110 kph. I think our ski team would have had a blast on the course. It's not as scary as the tv makes it out to be. Sure a few people get hurt but not too many.
Today I was down towards the finish and was able to get a shot of what the skiers see coming home after 3 kilometers of tucking. You know the legs are burning at this point.
I was also fortunate to take an hour from the race to meet up with an old school friend, Andy Mueller. Andy drives the tour buses that shuttle people from Calgary to the ski hills in Banff and Lake Louise. We didn't have a lot of time but managed to get a lot of updates on our lives and find out where everyone else from school is. Tomorrow is the Super "G" race and shouldn't go as long as the Downhill.

No comments:
Post a Comment