Saturday, February 23, 2008

A busy day






Today started out with our team thinking that they were going to do the slalom portion of the combined first, so everyone had their face guards attached and slalom gear ready. As it turned out, they decided to do the GS race first and run the slalom in the afternoon. So a lot of quick work on the helmets and off they went.
There was a lot of great entertainment on the pitch today as we saw some good spills, and no one got hurt. The slalom course really spread out the field in the combined race, with a few missed gates.
There were finally some results announced, and our skiers showed well. Ben and Bianca made the podium with a bronze each, and Jenna went away with a smile and 3 golds. I think North Bay showed that they are a force to be noticed.
Also Mac Senior raced with the club this week and he received three golds in the K2 races.
There are 2 runs of GS tomorrow so there will be more results to post as things wind down. I did manage to get everyone in one spot for just long enough to get a group picture. I even caught the 3 amigos together today. I hope you enjoy the pictures, and as usual Ben made it to the best ski picture catagory.
more to come..

No comments: