Friday, February 22, 2008

first real race day



Today was a great day for racing . The sun was out and the temperature was about -6. There were at least 3 of us from North Bay at any one time doing course crew. Some how Sue always got the best spots. She must know somebody here. I was working with the timers here doing interval times for both Super G races this morning. I created some files for them to use with their data to produce a breakdown of the segments of the course. Hopefully we can see the results tomorrow. It was late when we finished this afternoon so the Slalom portion of the Combined will be done tomorrow morning befoore the GS race. So the kids are getting a good mix of race types.
During this afternoon's race Sherice had a spill but got up and made it down on her own, although she DNFed. Mac and Trevor were started one after the other and both had to bail out of the run ( they were on course at the same time) when they were Yellow flagged. ( yellow means stop )They do that when someone ahead falls. With intervals of 20 seconds at the start it gets busy on the course. They both did reruns and got through ok. I only got a few pictures of the team on the course today , but have a couple that are worth looking at.The first is Graham heading out out of the C turn, and the second is Trevor in the C turn. ( ok so I have a bias )
I'm trying to get a team picture but do you think i can.
Hopefully tomorrow the official results of today will be out and I can get info on placings. As soon as I get the results they will show up here.
Bye from searchmont

No comments: