I finally got back to my hotel room at 8 pm after a really long day. But sure is interesting. We worked out some technical glitches and all the test runs worked well. The only piece of the puzzle left to do is get the physical connection hooked up between my equipment in the penalty box and the VERSUS broadcast trailer/ The Versus guys wanted to test the data stream so they could work out their processing requirments, and since the cable wasn't done yet from me to them, I ended up taking my radar gun and processing box over to their control room and we did a test run over there. We wired the gun into their system and they were able to see the data stream ok. That made everyone happy. VERSUS takes the data stream from me, converts it to a tv graphic which then gets distributed yo all the othe broadscasters to use as they see fit. So who knows what the data will look like on CBC. Maybe someone can record the whole thing for me as I won't be able to see it.
I had a really good system going today. I had my laptop running in the penelty box and was streaming video over skype to a few people who called me. Won't have time to do that tomorrow but it just added to the cool factor.
Looking forward to tomorrow and have to be there ready to go at 8am.
No comments:
Post a Comment