Today was the first day of official racing and all the kids got a taste of racing on a fast course. and they came away with some hardware to proove they are a force to be watched. Jenna got three gold in the K2 division, Matty got two gold and a silver in the K1 division, Hanna picked up a bronze in the K2 division and Alex got two bronze in the K1 division. It's pretty amazing when you consider the hill that they train on.
Tomorrow the kids do a super G in the morning. they do a Super Combined. This is the same race that the Women did at the olympics today. They do a single run of Super G then they do a single run of Slalom and the combined time is used to get the winner. It really tests the racer's versatility. If I can remember tomorrow I'll get some pictures. I was busy today with volunteering on the hill so didn't get the camera out to take pictures.
I set up some display boards today at the start so the racers and coaches could get the times of the other racers as they finished. It got a lot of good viewing from the crowd. And it all worked first time.
And I just have to mention that our parents stepped up and did a great job of helping on the hill today. Jacky, Cathy and Cindy did the scribbing on the score board at the finish, Rob did an amazing job of slipping the course, and I think he is ready for the big time. Lake Louise here we come.
For those spouses trying to contact their other half on a Rogers phone, forget it. Only Bell works here and it's pretty poor, at least for data.
It's time for the hot tub and a cold one so more to come later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment