Sunday, February 21, 2010

If this is Sunday, it must be Collingwood



Today was a really long day. Trevor and I were up early and got on the road by 7 am. We had to get to North Bay and pick up some paperwork that would allow Trevor to participate in the OFSAA Alpine championships this week. Onc the paperwork was picked up, fresh cloths exchanged for old, and we were off to Collingwood to make the 4 pm registration deadline. We made it with 15 minutes to spare.
Since there was no coach for trevor and the teacher advisor didn't want to come down, I was signed up as his coach. As the blog indicates, I'm the timing guy, not the coaching guy. But I can offer Trevor three pieces of advice that will help. The first is to make sure not to lead out of the gate with the leg closest to the wand pivot. The second is to make sure you know which finish eye is the primary eye so you make sure to hit it with your hand and not your leg. The third is to go really really fast. And since I'm the coach he has to listen to me.
I'm off to the coaches meating and for a change I'm not the guy doing the bib draw. Should be interesting.
I have a couple of pictures to put up tonight. The first is Matty heading out of the gate. The second is the whole gang lined up.
I hope all the kids had a good race today and maybe someone can let me know how they did. I can be emailed at ken@portcredit.net
Cheers for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Timingguy...I did SO want to come down! Sadly, my in school responsibilities trumped skiing with you dudes at Blue.

ken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ken said...

you're forgiven. The hot tub just isn't the same without you.

Anonymous said...

OUCH! How'd "Travis" do today? No results yet on the OFSAA Alpine site. TEXT me a message tomorrow 705.494.5102